Mix Use Commercial PropertyMiami, Florida
An amazing, commodious LTV retail space, and the current tenant has occupied the retail side as a used car dealership for the past 12 years in Miami, Florida! The listings consists of 4 contiguous folios (3 commercial zoned and 1 single family) amounting to 38,310 SF. Situated in the newly rezoned North Central Urban Area District (NCUAD) the use allows for mixed use, Max 6 stories (building height), Max 36 units/per acre. FDOT daily car count of 42,500. This property also falls in the Miami Dade opportunity zone.
- Tax Document
- Offering Structure
Why We Like This Opportunity
A commercial or residential mixed use corridor assemblage. Situated in the newly rezoned North Central Urban Area District (NCUAD) the use allows for mixed use, Max 6 stories (building height), Max 36 units/per acre. FDOT daily car count of 42,500
The Loan is structured with interest reserve for further protection. 12 months of debt service payments will be collected at closing.
The Originator and its predecessor entities have originated over 150 loans totaling over $460M, of which 10 remain active. As of 6/30/19, there has been no principal loss.
The first-priority mortgage lien position is the most senior and highest priority within the capital structure. In the event that a borrower defaults, the lien priority determines the order in which lenders are repaid. Senior lenders are always repaid first. All subordinated positions, including the amount held by the Originator and its investor syndicate, act as a buffer in the event of a deterioration in the Properties’ value.
The Loans are personally guaranteed by the borrow, spouse, and all principals in the LLC. Additionally, the Sponsor and/or Guarantor are obligated to contribute monthly payments to maintain a tax and insurance reserve. Failure to adhere to reserve contribution requirements would lead to the triggering of a debt service and operating expense/shortfall guarantee.
The Loans represents 21% of the appraised value of the Properties. The value of the Collateral securing the Loans would have to decrease by over 79% from its appraised value before the amount of the Loans would exceed the value of the collateral securing them.
What Should I Consider?
The Borrower may default on his financial obligations.
- If the Loans are not fully repaid after the Lender has exhausted other sources of repayment, the Sponsor has provided a personal guaranty to fulfill any deficiency.
- In the event of a default, a direction letter signed at closing by the Borrower will be sent redirecting the Tenant to make rent payments into an account controlled by the Originator.
The Borrower may not have represented itself accurately.
- The Originator checks the Borrower’s credit history via a third-party credit reporting company. The Borrower has a 700 credit score.
- The Originator considers the underlying asset to be the primary source of security.
- If the Loans are not fully repaid after the Lender has exhausted other sources of repayment, the Borrower has provided a personal guaranty to fulfill any deficiency.
The Tenant may vacate the leased properties.
- The Tenant is an investment grade rated company with sizable financial resources.
- Under the triple-net leases, the Tenant is under multi-year contract to pay rent with no option to terminate.
- If the Tenant decides not to renew any of the leases or to vacate the leased premises, the Borrower will pay for an appraisal of the property “as vacant” and the borrower will have to provide the additional cash collateral and/or pay down the loan (or any combination in between) within ten days of receipt of the appraisal in order to bring the property back to an LTV.
How Do I Get Paid?
This loan had an initial term of 12 months with an option at Yieldi’s discretion to extend for an additional 12% if needed. As of July 1, 2020 there are 12 months remaining. Investors will immediately receive monthly interest payments at an annualized rate of 9.5% on the principal balance over the life of the loan. If you invest in this loan in the middle of a month, you will receive a prorated interest payment for your investment for your first investment month and then full monthly payments thereafter. All payments are made automatically via ACH on the 1st of each month and investors all paid by the 10th of the month.
At Yieldi we remove the “difficulty” of investing in Real Estate Assets. We recommend you take your hard earned money and put it into investments so that your money is working for you. Everyone’s goal is to be able to live off passive income streams. And that’s why we formed Yieldi to help people achieve…
You may have heard hard money and equity loans share a lot of similarities, but what is the difference between the two? So how are they similar and how do they differ? Similarities? For one, they’re both asset-based loans. This means that they are from a non-traditional lender. These loans do not come from a…
As the coronavirus upends financial markets, family offices with money to spend are boosting private debt and credit holdings to take advantage of cheaper valuations and avoid the volatility of stock markets. Meanwhile, central banks are keeping economies afloat with cheap-money policies and negative yields, making assets that used to preserve and grow family fortunes…